Hypospadias is one of the most common congenital malformations affecting upto one out of every 150 newborn male babies. Caring for children with hypospadias requires a lot of commitment from the family as well the health care team managing these children. Hypospadias foundation is a venture set-up by Dr Singal to disseminate detailed and credible information, provide personalized care, psychosocial support and world class surgery & treatment for children and adults suffering from Hypospadias and Disorders of Sex Development (DSD) - erstwhile called Intersex Disorders.
Our team has managed over 2000 adults and children with Hypospadias and DSD in last 10 years and we see ever increasing numbers of children and adults who seek the best treatment at a hospital with a focus and quality treatment for Hypospadias. Hypospadias Foundation has referrals from doctors all over India and from more than 25 countries across the world for primary, failed, complex and failed hypospadias surgery. All this is due to proper diagnosis, surgery planning, personalised care and better surgical outcomes for both adults and children which we offer.
In last two decades, the management for kids and adults with Hypospadias & DSD has been refined and outcomes have improved tremendously. For most of hypospadias, first surgery is often the best chance at getting an outcome which is good and lasts a lifetime giving normal urinary and sexual functional capability. While most of the hypospadias can be treated with one stage surgery, complex cases and cases with severe chordee (bend of penis) may require a two or three staged surgery. The goal is to give a great long lasting outcome and not to take shortcut just for name and fame. The best result is the one which lasts into adulthood and old age. Shortcuts into forced single stage surgery in complex case leads to complications which require multiple further surgeries in adulthood which is what we do not believe in.
Dr Singal conducts Hypospadias clinic at MITR Hospital and conducts hypospadias treatment and surgery at MITR Hospital in Kharghar, near Navi Mumbai in Maharashtra India.
Our goals are to reach out in community by increasing awareness and also contribute to research and education in the field of Hypospadiology.
Founders- Dr A.K.Singal & Dr Manish Dubey
Founder’s day for Hypospadias Foundation
25 Nov, 2008
Formal launch of Foundation
5 July, 2009 Click Here to view the Picture Album
- To enhance the functional and cosmetic outcomes for children undergoing surgical correction of Hypospadias & Disorders of Sex Developmentt
- To provide counselling and support for parents with kids having Hypospadias & Disorders of Sex Development
- To educate community and society about Hypospadias & Disorders of Sex Development
- To propagate research in etiology and management of Hypospadias & Disorders of Sex Development.
Activities of Hypospadias Foundation
- Clinical care of patients with Hypospadias & Disorders of Sex Development
- Spreading awareness about Hypospadias & Disorders of Sex Development among medicos and community at large.
- Offering surgical expertise with good functional and cosmetic outcome to children suffering from Hypospadias & Disorders of Sexual Differentiation
- To make a registry of Hypospadias & Disorders of Sex Development in community
- To segregate and identify Disorders of Sex Development which may present with hypospadias
- To organize parent counseling and interaction between families having children with Hypospadias & Disorders of Sex Development
- To promote clinical research and identify new techniques in surgical correction of Hypospadias & Disorders of Sex Development
- To innovate dedicated equipment for surgery in Hypospadias & Disorders of Sex Development surgery such as Hypospadias Catheter and Hypospadias surgery instrument set
Pediatric Urology & Hypospadias Clinic at Bahrain
Dr A.K.Singal and Dr Mahmood Abbas (Pediatric Surgeon at Bahrain) have set a partnership to give best and top treatment to children with Hypospadias in Gulf GCC and Middle east by setting up a Pediatric urology and Hypospadias Clinic at Ibn Al Nafees Hospital in Manama, Bahrain.
Dr Singal visits Bahrain every 2-3 months and does clinic for consultations and diagnosis for treat
Visit Hypospadias Foundation. www.hypospadiasfoundation.com